I love agriculture and I love sharing my passion for this industry, so why not combine the two? That turned out to be a great decision.
We’ve all heard the word sustainability, but what does it really mean? For farmers and ranchers, it’s a promise to future generations.
1. Scary Food Myth: Today’s farm animals are raised on “factory farms” in poor conditions. Truth: Many of today’s farms may be larger than farms of the past, but the farms are also have better animal care practices, enhanced nutrition and housing. Indoor housing protects animals from predators, disease and extreme weather. Modern housing is well-ventilated, temperature-controlled and scientifically designed to meet an animal’s specific needs.
Hands-on experience is one of the best ways to learn about agriculture!
Even when you feel outnumbered by those who carry more experience than you: speak up!
Topanga McBride shares why college students should sign up for this year’s program!
It’s lights, camera, action for America’s farmers and ranchers – whether they auditioned or not. Films are popping up on the big (and small) screen, putting animal agriculture under increased scrutiny. These films often claim they are “shedding light” on the agriculture industry, but they usually leave out the true story.
- Vote: “Obstacles to Opportunities” Farmer Photo and Video Contest April 12, 2021
- What do methane digesters, seaweed and feed additives have in common? March 29, 2021
- Why you can’t beat meat March 11, 2021
- 21 reasons to attend the 2021 Virtual Stakeholders Summit March 2, 2021
- 2020’s Silver Lining: A Growing Respect December 9, 2020
- Activist Films and Books
- Advocate for Ag
- Agriculture Youth Programs
- Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Animal Care
- Animal Rights Activism
- Cattle Ranching
- Chicken Farming
- College Aggies Online
- Consumer Questions
- Dairy Farming
- Egg Farming
- Environmental Stewardship
- Fairs and Expos
- Farm Security
- Goat Farming
- Industry Practices
- Internship Program
- Nutrition and Health
- Pig Farming
- Sheep Farming
- Social Media
- Stakeholders Summit
- Turkey Farming