I was recently asked “Why do youth still raise livestock and show at the fair?” I love questions like this. They open the door to not only inform and educate but to also share the impact involvement in 4-H and livestock can have on the lives of youth.
During my collegiate studies, I have had the opportunity to meet and speak with some of the hardworking individuals who look over these cows and provide high-quality dairy products for American families. Here are five things to know about dairy farming.
May is the month to celebrate everything BEEF! Here are five things to know for beef month (and every other month!): What is a rancher??? Before we get too far, let’s discuss the difference between a farmer and a rancher. Typically, farmers are those who grow crops but chicken, turkey, egg, pig and dairy producers…
I am not the only one with a renewed drive to stand up for animal agriculture. Our 2016 Stakeholders Summit concluded on May 6, but the action is just beginning.
Ty Higgins shares his experience of when he learned his daughter watched “Food Inc.”
Cage-free eggs probably seem like they are the best thing ever with almost every week another restaurant or retailer pledging to go cage-free.
- Now is the time for agriculture to show America what it does best March 23, 2020
- Hollywood Agriculture Advocates February 27, 2020
- Oh, the places Iowa agriculture can take you January 27, 2020
- It’s time to tell our story differently January 10, 2020
- The Game Changers – Vegan Propaganda at its Finest… December 16, 2019
- Activist Films and Books
- Advocate for Ag
- Agriculture Youth Programs
- Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Animal Care
- Animal Rights Activism
- Cattle Ranching
- Chicken Farming
- College Aggies Online
- Consumer Questions
- Dairy Farming
- Egg Farming
- Environmental Stewardship
- Fairs and Expos
- Farm Security
- Industry Practices
- Internship Program
- Nutrition and Health
- Pig Farming
- Social Media
- Stakeholders Summit
- Turkey Farming