I am not telling agriculture advocates to stop telling our story, but to start sharing it in a different and more thoughtful way.
Here are some of the myths perpetuated by the latest Netflix documentary.
When we talk about technology, chickens and turkeys aren’t usually the first things that come to mind. However, the poultry industry regularly uses technology to benefit animal care and improve environmental sustainability.
Although these machines are expensive, some farmers that have adopted the technology describe them as being a good investment because it is paying for labor ahead of time, and these workers don’t call out sick! Plus, they send notifications straight to the farmers’ phones to keep them updated on their cows throughout the day and night.
Unfairly blaming animal agriculture for antibiotic resistance will not help us solve this issue.
We live in the information age. Most people can become partially educated on any subject through a quick google search and 10-12 minutes of scrolling. Unfortunately, it can be very difficulty to get accurate information about agriculture on the internet.
- It’s time to tell our story differently January 10, 2020
- The Game Changers – Vegan Propaganda at its Finest… December 16, 2019
- Holiday Fun at Local Farms December 12, 2019
- Technology, Sustainability and Animal Care on Poultry Farms December 11, 2019
- How robots milk cows November 1, 2019
- Activist Films and Books
- Advocate for Ag
- Agriculture Youth Programs
- Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Animal Care
- Animal Rights Activism
- Cattle Ranching
- Chicken Farming
- College Aggies Online
- Consumer Questions
- Dairy Farming
- Egg Farming
- Environmental Stewardship
- Fairs and Expos
- Farm Security
- Industry Practices
- Internship Program
- Nutrition and Health
- Pig Farming
- Social Media
- Stakeholders Summit