Now is the time for the agriculture and food communities to show America what you do best and be the best version of yourself while doing it.
As award season wraps up, its hard to ignore the hits animal agriculture has taken in the last few months. From the decision to take meat off the Golden Globe’s menu, to an Oscar winner’s speech about dairy farming, it begs the question: who are Hollywood’s agriculture advocates?
Here are some of the myths perpetuated by the latest Netflix documentary.
When we talk about technology, chickens and turkeys aren’t usually the first things that come to mind. However, the poultry industry regularly uses technology to benefit animal care and improve environmental sustainability.
Although these machines are expensive, some farmers that have adopted the technology describe them as being a good investment because it is paying for labor ahead of time, and these workers don’t call out sick! Plus, they send notifications straight to the farmers’ phones to keep them updated on their cows throughout the day and night.
Unfairly blaming animal agriculture for antibiotic resistance will not help us solve this issue.
- Now is the time for agriculture to show America what it does best March 23, 2020
- Hollywood Agriculture Advocates February 27, 2020
- Oh, the places Iowa agriculture can take you January 27, 2020
- It’s time to tell our story differently January 10, 2020
- The Game Changers – Vegan Propaganda at its Finest… December 16, 2019
- Activist Films and Books
- Advocate for Ag
- Agriculture Youth Programs
- Animal Agriculture Alliance
- Animal Care
- Animal Rights Activism
- Cattle Ranching
- Chicken Farming
- College Aggies Online
- Consumer Questions
- Dairy Farming
- Egg Farming
- Environmental Stewardship
- Fairs and Expos
- Farm Security
- Industry Practices
- Internship Program
- Nutrition and Health
- Pig Farming
- Social Media
- Stakeholders Summit
- Turkey Farming