Last Chance for Stakeholders Summit Early Registration and Hotel Rates
ARLINGTON, VA – Early registration for the Animal Agriculture Alliance’s Ninth Annual Stakeholders Summit ends April 6. The 2010 Summit will bring together leaders from the food and farm sectors in Arlington, Virginia to discuss some of the biggest challenges facing food production today. The Summit’s theme, “Truth, Lies and Videotape: Is Activism Jeopardizing Our Food Security?” will help attendees understand the wide-reaching implications of activists’ attacks on agriculture. The event features more than 20 speakers, including:
– Asa Hutchinson, Lawyer and former Department of Homeland Security Undersecretary Keynote address: “What’s At Stake?”
– Wesley J. Smith, Author and Senior Fellow in Human Rights at The Discovery Institute “The Human Cost of the Animal Rights Movement”
– David Martokso, Editor of Humanewatch.org “Exposing Activists’ True Agenda: Will It Build Consumer Support?”
– Dr. Gale Buchanan, University of Georgia Dean and former USDA Undersecretary “Agricultural Productivity Strategies for the Future”
– David Silverberg, Editor of Homeland Security Today “Terrorism Against the Food Industry”
– Crystal Mackay, Executive Director of Ontario Farm Animal Council “Cleaning Up the Bad Actors”
The Summit will be held at The Westin Arlington Gateway hotel. Attendees should book rooms in the “Animal Agriculture Alliance” block at the special rate of $239 by visiting the hotel’s Web site or by calling (703) 717-6200. Reservations must be made by April 6 as well to be guaranteed the discounted rate.
Early registration for the one-and-a-half day conference is $325 for Alliance members and $375 for nonmembers. The Alliance is offering a special rate of $275 for those in government or academia. Registration can be completed online or by contacting the Alliance at (703) 562-5160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-site registration will not be available.
The Alliance would like to thank event sponsors for their generous support of the Summit’s goal to provide a unique discussion forum for agriculture and food industry leaders. Stakeholders who are unable to attend the meeting should follow the Alliance on Twitter to receive live updates from the Summit. Podcasts of
featured presentations will also be available.
About the Alliance:
The Animal Agriculture Alliance is an industry-united, nonprofit organization that helps bridge the communication gap between farm and fork. We connect key food industry stakeholders to arm them with responses to emerging issues. We engage food chain influencers and promote consumer choice by helping them better understand modern animal agriculture. We protect by exposing those who threaten our nation’s food security with damaging misinformation. Find the Alliance on Facebook and Twitter.
Category: Press Releases
Tag: Stakeholders Summit,