Alliance welcomes new officers to board of directors and executive committee
June 6, 2018 – The Animal Agriculture Alliance announced today six new member representatives and 14 renewed seats to its Board of Directors. The Alliance’s Board of Directors is listed on its website at: https://animalagalliance.org/about/board/.
“We are excited to welcome new people to our Board of Directors and continue fostering strong relationships with our members as we work together to help ensure farmers and ranchers are represented in food discussions and decisions while bridging the communication gap between farm and fork,” said Kay Johnson Smith, Alliance president and CEO.
The following new representatives joined the Board of Directors.
- Michelle Tollefson, representing Bayer HealthCare, joined the board and the executive committee. Bayer HealthCare has been on the Alliance board for 12 years.
- Dave Pyburn, DVM, representing National Pork Board, also joined the board and executive committee. National Pork Board has served on the board since 2000.
- Paul Schlegel, interim representative for the American Farm Bureau Federation. AFBF has been on the board since the Alliance’s inception in 1987.
- Evelyn Greene, representing American National CattleWomen Inc. ANCW has been on the board since 2008.
- Lisa McComb, representing Dairy Management Inc. This will be DMI’s third year serving on the board.
- Marc Reiner with United Soybean Board which has been an Alliance board member since 2006.
Several companies and associations renewed their seat on the Alliance’s Board of Directors.
- National Turkey Federation, represented by Joel Brandenberger, Board Treasurer
- American Feed Industry Association, represented by Sarah Novak, Board Chairperson-elect
- Smithfield Hog Production, represented by Ashley DeDecker, PhD
- American Veal Association, represented by Adnan Aydin, PhD
- Elanco Animal Health, represented by Colleen Parr Dekker
- Iowa Soybean Association, represented by Aaron Putze
- Merck Animal Health, represented by Judson Vasconcelos, DVM, PhD
- National Chicken Council, represented by Tom Super
- New Mexico State University, represented by Robert Hagevoort, PhD
- Nutrien, represented by Adam Proctor
- Texas Cattle Feeders Association, represented by Josh Winegarner
“We value the expertise and leadership each of our board members brings to the table,” said Hannah Thompson-Weeman, Alliance vice president of communications. “Having such a diverse and dedicated board helps the Alliance to be strategic and represent the entire barnyard in everything we do.”
About the Alliance:
The Animal Agriculture Alliance is an industry-united, nonprofit organization that helps bridge the communication gap between farm and fork. We connect key food industry stakeholders to arm them with responses to emerging issues. We engage food chain influencers and promote consumer choice by helping them better understand modern animal agriculture. We protect by exposing those who threaten our nation’s food security with damaging misinformation.
Category: Press Releases
Tag: Board of Directors,