Title: Coordinator, Membership and Communications
Arlington, Va. – While the Alliance offers a flexible, predominantly remote working environment, this role will require reporting to the Alliance office in Arlington, Va. at least twice weekly as well as regularly attending events and meetings in the Washington, DC area.
The coordinator, membership and communications supports all members of the Alliance team to execute the Alliance’s membership outreach and communications strategy. The coordinator, membership and communications plays a critical role in helping the Alliance achieve its goals through attention to detail, strong organizational skills, commitment to quality work and a collaborative spirit.
Duties and responsibilities
The coordinator, membership and communications assists in the management of the Alliance’s member recruitment and retention process along with executing communications tactics and programs that advance the Alliance’s mission of safeguarding the future of animal agriculture and its value to society by bridging the communication gap between the farm and food communities. Key duties and responsibilities of the coordinator, membership and communications are to:
- Assist director, membership and marketing in managing the membership recruitment and retention process, including soliciting and processing memberships and sponsorships.
- Support the Alliance’s member engagement efforts by writing and designing communications and marketing materials as well as updating and maintaining the Alliance’s member and prospect database.
- Assist in the execution of the Animal Ag Allies and College Aggies Online programs with a focus on continuous improvement and growth toward organizational goals.
- Facilitate the Alliance’s participation in various industry events including coordinating travel, trade show booth needs and maintaining the organization’s events calendar.
- Serve as the first line of contact for Alliance members and other stakeholders, responding to incoming inquiries or directing them to the appropriate team member.
- Represent the Alliance at various industry meetings through speaking engagements and trade show participation.
- Collaborate with other staff members to plan and host board meetings and the annual Stakeholders Summit, including managing logistical details such as speaker and staff travel.
- Manage day-to-day office needs and provide administrative support to all team members, including managing financial and tax reports, monitoring and maintaining office supply inventory and serving as main point of contact for vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business, education, or a related field required. Coursework or a background in agriculture strongly preferred.
- Skilled in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel). Experience with membership database/CRM software preferred – ideally SalesForce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Excellent time management, project management and work ethic. Self-motivated and capable of independently leading projects to completion.
- Passion for animal agriculture and the mission of the Alliance.
- Ability to visit the Alliance office in Arlington, Va. to complete necessary tasks up to twice per week.
How to apply
Inquiries and applications should be directed to Hannah Thompson-Weeman, Alliance vice president, strategic engagement, at email@example.com. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and three references.
Category: Alliance Outreach and Projects